Rod, a graduate of Boise State University, joined family-owned Higgins & Rutledge in 1968, specializing in commercial accounts. Since becoming President in 1989, he has guided the agency’s growth through acquisitions, aggressive commercial strategies, new account development, and modern internal systems that ensure fast, comprehensive service for all Higgins & Rutledge customers.
As agency president, his thoughtful approach is to listen to client needs, analyze their concerns, focus on solutions that are achievable and workable. In addition, Rod has remained very active as an industry and community leader, holding various positions over the past 53 years.
- Associated General Contractors – Board of Directors
- Independent Insurance Agents of Idaho – Past President
- Surplus Lines Association of Idaho – Past President
- Boise Insurance Agents Association – Past President
- Region 1 National Association of Surety Bond Producers – Past Vice President
- Bishop Kelly Foundation
- Idaho State Insurance Fund- Board of Directors Chairman